ARI-CMS Configuration Free
ARI Mobile Jumpstart Guide
How do I generate an authorization code for ARI Mobile?
Users and User Access
Configure VDP Getting Noticed Indicator
Aliasing a BlueTie Email account
Create a BlueTie Email Account
Forwarding BlueTie Email Messages
How do I Access my BlueTie Email
Unlock or Reset Password for BlueTie Email
What is a BlueTie Email Enterprise Manager
Intro to Legacy Ecommerce Payment Methods
Legacy Ecommerce Payment Gateway Integrations
PayPal Integration for Legacy Ecommerce
Configure Regions for Legacy Ecommerce
FAQ - Legacy Ecommerce Website Checkout & Payment Gateways
How do I Set a Default Legacy Ecommerce Shipping Option?
Legacy Ecommerce Allowed Countries
Legacy Ecommerce Delivery Methods and Rates
Legacy Ecommerce Regional and City Taxes
Legacy Ecommerce Store Configuration
Catalog and Product Management
Aftermarket Catalog and Product Management
OEM Catalog and Product Management
Catalog Availablility - Partstream OEM
StreamsAdmin / OEM Replacement Catalog
Update Ecommerce OEM Prices by Price File Import
Private Catalog and Product Management
Examples of Product Data and Attributes
Export Ecommerce Products and Product Groups to CSV
How do I Create and Publish Private/Custom Catalogs?
Update Fitment by CSV Import
Update Fitment by User Interface
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by CSV Import
Update Private Catalog Products and Product Groups by User Interface
What Should I Know Before Starting a Private Catalog?
Delete or Exclude a Product Group
Ecommerce Products, Product Groups, Categories and Catalogs
Hide an Ecommerce Category or Product Group
Hosting Visuals in Media Center
How to Feature Product Groups
How to Format an Ecommerce SKU for Imports
Update Categories and Category Structure by CSV Import
Update Categories and Category Structure by User Interface
Update Cost Overrides by CSV Import
Update Image Overrides by CSV Import
Update Price Overrides by CSV Import
Update Price Rules & Price Overrides by User Interface
Update Product Group Category Mapping by CSV Import
Update Product Group Category Mapping by User Interface
Update Shelf Inventory and Price by User Interface
Update Shelf Inventory and Sale Price by CSV Import
Ecommerce Checkout Process and Orders
Create Coupon Codes
EasyPost - Feature Summary and Set-up
How to Buy Postage
How to Charge Shipping
How to Configure Paypal for Checkout
How to configure Authorize.net for checkout
How to configure Stripe for checkout
Lightspeed Web Orders Module
Getting Started with Ecommerce
Configure Inventory Rules
Ecommerce Terms and Functions
File Center Import and Export Hub
General Account Settings
ARI CMS Favorites Menu
CMS Navigation Menu Links
Configuring the Homepage
Enhance Digital Retailing with Payment Genie
Existing Inventory Vehicle and Equipment Display Page
FAQ - ARI Responsive Websites
FAQ - The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Get Self Help inside ARI-CMS
How do I reach ARI?
Publish Site Changes
Welcome to the ARI-CMS Self Help Center!
What is the New Inventory Vehicle and Equipment Display Page?
Where do I Manage Inventory?
Where do I Manage Legacy Ecommerce?
Where do I manage New Models
Dealer Management Systems (DMS)
CDK Lightspeed CEM/V-SEPT Integration
CDK Lightspeed PG&A Inventory Integration
CDK Pro-Level Unit Inventory Integration
File Import and Export Options
Intro to Integrations
OEM Price Uploads for Ecommerce and Legacy Ecommerce
ARI Responsive Leads
Individual Lead Forms
Available Lead Forms
Best Price Form
Contact Us Form
Customer Survey Form
Get Pre-Qualified Form
Make Offer Form
Newsletter Signup Form
Parts Request Form
Rental Request Form
Request Brochure Form
Request Quote Form
Schedule Test Drive Form
VIN Check Form
Value Your Trade Form
Accessing Secure Leads with Password Protection
Configure Lead Email Notifications
Lead Spam Protection
Managing ARI Responsive Lead Records
Secure Lead Form: ARI Internal Users versus Dealer Administrators
Tracking Form Submissions with Google Tag Manager
Legacy Ecommerce Orders
Changing the Status of a Legacy Ecommerce Order
Legacy Ecommerce Web Order Exports
Process or Refund a Legacy Ecommerce Order
Reviewing Legacy Ecommerce Orders
Intro to Leads and Orders
Lead Attribution - ARI Responsive Websites
Add and Remove Inventory Units
Creating Inventory Packages
Finalizing Inventory Records Imported from a DMS
How Do I Restore My Deleted Unit Inventory?
Importing Units to Inventory Manager via CSV file
Required Inventory Fields
Adding Custom Text to Legacy Ecommerce Products
Adding a YouTube Video to a Legacy Ecommerce Product
Exporting & Importing Legacy Ecommerce Price Files
Import Legacy Ecommerce Products (Prices & Availability)
Intro to Product Manager
Managing Products and Product Variants
Adding & Editing Custom Brochures with Custom Showcase
Custom Products (Legacy Ecommerce)
Inventory, New Models and Legacy Ecommerce Product Groups
Breadcrumb Navigation Component
Business Information Component
Configure CTAs With the VDP Unit Detail Component
Google Analytics Component
Google Tag Manager Component
Highlight Links Component
Item Groups & Showrooms Component
Lead Form Component
Logo Bar Component
OEM Parts Lookup
Offer Rotator Component
Offered Services Component
Page Asset Component
Page Head Title Component
Page Structure Component
Payment Calculator Component
Polaris Tracking Component
Primary Navigation Component
SEO Content Component: Overview and Setup
Search Bar Component
Secure Lead Form Component
Showcase Home Component
Site Map Component
Social Media Component
Store Locations Component
Component doesn't have an "+ Add Another" option
Component is displaying in an unexpected area
Component isn't displaying on website
Component isn't in my library
I can't access components in the CMS
What components are available for an ARI Responsive website?
What is a Component?
Working with Components
Adding a Custom Page
Search Page: Adding Custom Page/HTML Titles to Filtered Search Results
Sitemap Page: Adding Links to your Sitemap (HTML & XML)
Intro to Site Content
What browsers are supported?
What file formats can uploaded via Media Browser/File Browser?
What is Responsive Design?
Intro to Locations
Leads by Location
Managing Unit Inventory for Multiple Store Locations
Update Location Information
Add Custom Services
Add Pre-loaded Services
Enable Services for Display on Website
Enabling the Request Service Form
Managing Services for Multiple Store Locations
Brand Sequence (Brochures)
Catalog Sequence (Legacy Ecommerce)
Exporting Custom Legacy eCommerce Data from Endeavor
Legacy Ecommerce Promotions Codes
Updated by Patrick Mares
Aftermarket Catalog Settings - Inventory Rules
Automated inventory; the lifeblood of any eCommerce business, fully automated by PSS! Once configured these rules will tell PSS how to handle the inventory that we are pulling from each of the distributor warehouses. Here you will decide the price range of products that you want to drop-ship and/or, assign the number of days that product will take to get from the distributor to you.
PSS Home Page > Settings > Inventory Rules
PSS combines inventory from multiple distributors for each unique product. This is to help reduce duplicate listings and allow for listings to remain active by aggregating multiple inventory sources into a single listing. We do this by combining inventory for products recognized as having the same Brand and MPN values.
- Lead Time - The number of days that you need to get tracking into the marketplace, or the number of days that product takes to get to your shop before you are going to send it to the buyer. To determine the lead time we recommend visiting UPS or FedEx to calculate the time from the distributor warehouse zip code to your zip code. UPS Time & Cost Estimator.
- Drop-ship Cutoff - The dollar amount that you want to start drop-shipping at. PSS will issue a 1 day lead time for all product that is over the Drop Ship Cutoff dollar amount.
- Exclude Warehouse - When this box is checked the warehouse simply will not be included in inventory calculations. Uncheck the box if you wish to utilize the warehouse. The default for new accounts is to exclude all warehouses so you will need to uncheck these boxes.
Examples and Explanations
- Example #1: Most dealers don't want to pay the fee to have a $6.00 valve stem seal drop-shipped so they will set a Drop Ship Cutoff to ensure that cheaper product is shipped to them before going to the buyer. If you had a Drop Ship Cutoff of $50.00, this $6.00 valve stem seal would fall under the cutoff and the listing would tell the buyer that you will not have shipping into eBay for the number of days you have entered into the Lead Time field for that warehouse.
- Example #2: If a dealer only wants to drop ship product they would set the dropship cutoff to one dollar. From there the Lead Time field is obsolete because everything is above the dropship cutoff. Typically someone in this boat would want to avoid listing cheaper products; thus they would go to their Marketplace Settings and raise the Marketplace Buffer to something like $20 or $30.
- Example #3: If you set Western Power Sports, CA warehouse to Dropship Cutoff of $150 this means that all product over $150 is going to get a lead time of 1. This means that you have 1 day to get tracking into your marketplace. For the product under $150 the marketplace is going to get the Lead Time that you input in the Lead Time column.
- Example #4: Some distributors do not drop-ship (Parts Unlimited for some). This means that you will want a high drop-ship cutoff; one that will ensure all product gets assigned the proper lead time. To disable drop shipping you simply set the dropship cutoff to $9,999. From here just make sure that your lead times are accurate based on how many days the product takes to get to you. UPS Time & Cost Estimator.
How should I set my Inventory Rules?
Everyone has their own way of doing things and each dealer has their own unique set of circumstances so, there is no ultimate way to configure this. We offer the following words of wisdom:
- Don't set all your Lead Times to the same value across the board. Take the time to determine how long the product takes to get to you from each warehouse.
- Leverage on the nearby warehouses with 1-2 day Lead Times.
- You can always start conservative and then start taking more risk once you see how fulfillment on your listings goes for the first month.
- These marketplaces are fairly competitive and a lot of buyers look for fast shipping these days. Make sure that a portion of your listings are eligible for drop ship or a 1 day lead time.
- If you only want to drop-ship just set all of your drop-ship cutoffs to $1.00. Done.